Winter is coming. And it’s only a matter of time til our stored fats get to store some more. Especially with the holidays coming up. So we’ve decided that it’s time once again to feature gyms available for the ladies here in the city. We’ve previously listed some in a previous article: The Top 5 Fitness Centers for Women in Riyadh and today, you get to read more about another five more.
On your mark, get set, let’s go!
NuYu is proud to be the first “chain” of fitness boutiques in the city with two branches now fully functional at Al Yasmin District and Al Murooj District. More branches are set to open by next year. I’ve personally tried NuYu before with one of their Private Group Trainings (See article here). Their gym center is chic, stylish, and dynamic with the bustling of members. Mostly Western trainers. Off peak membership as of date are being offered at 320SR per month.
- Private Group Training (NuBox, NuVibe, NuShape, NuDance)
- Holistic Classes (Ashtanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Yoga, Pilates)
- Group Exercises (BodyPump, BodyCombat, Spinning, Total Tone, CardioJam)
- Bokwa – the latest fitness craze that lets participants draw letters and numbers with their feet while performing an energizing and addictive cardio workout routine. To learn more about Bokwa, check out this link.
- Private Group Training – Small group fitness programs that is effective and affordable. Exercises are customized to each participant while having the essence of a team during workouts. Not only that, you also get to share the fee with other members of your group.
NuYu Standard Membership
3,540SR (6months); 5640SR (12 months)
5,240SR (6 months); 7,240SR (12 months)
For more information on Membership Benefits, visit: http://nuyu-ksa.com/become-member/
Ramah Fitness Studio
If you’re looking into a more close-knit (and less busy) workout place, Ramah Fitness Studio offers you just that. I’ve tried out their Zumba class before and had a lot of fun! First and foremost, Ramah Fitness Studio it does not label itself as a gym, simply because they don’t offer exercise machines inside their studio. It’s mostly studios with scheduled classes. There are no monthly payments necessary and all you need to do is choose your class, enroll and arrive on your day (everything can be done online. It’s laid back approach to participants is equally attractive. Their location is also accessible being within the Takhasussi area.
- Mat Pilates
- Hatha Yoga
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Vinyasa Yoga
1 visit: 100SR
10 visits: 800SR
20 visits: 1,500SR
1 visit: 50SR
10 visits: 500SR
Valid for 2 months.
Their tagline reads: “Wellness for Women” and indeed, they do live up to their name. Spectrum serves as a Salon, Spa and Fitness Center all in one. It is conveniently located in the heart of Olaya St. right behind Jarir Bookstore but the traffic can be bothersome at times. Inside you will find floors dedicated to women’s wellness with large studios that can accommodate over 50 people. What’s great about their membership packages is that access to the spa and salon are included! Truly more value for your money.
- Personal Training
- AntiGravity Yoga – I tried this one and it is simply life changing! It is a combination of gymnastics, aerial arts and yoga. Spectrum’s Anti-Gravity Yoga is the first officially licensed AntiGravity Fitness Center.
- Biomechanics – If you’ve been injured in the past, then what you need is a Biomechanics Coach. They will help you ease and remove the pain you feel when exercising and aid in you rehabilitation. Spectrum offers certified biomechanics in their center.
- TRX Suspension Training – an activity that originated in the US Navy Seals is a suspension training that uses one’s own bodyweight and a TRX Suspension set that is available at Spectrum.
Short term plans:
12-Visit Pass: 800SR
Sunrise Membership: 1,600SR (2 months)
Spectrum Active: 1,400SR (1 month)
Spectrum Athletic: 2,700SR (3 months)
Spectrum Premier 5,000SR (6 months)
Spectrum Fit4Life: 7,200SR (9months)
For more information on Membership Benefits, visit: http://www.spectrum4women.com/#!fitness-membership/c1y31
KORE is an exclusive, health club located at AlKhuzama District. The place is aesthetically refined with the perks of a juice bar, steam room, outdoor seating with serene landscaping and a place they call, “Vanity Area.” KORE promotes more than exercise but a healthier lifestyle in its entirety.
- Cardiovascular Classes (Spinning, Dance, Boxing, Running and Swimming)
- Strength Training
- High Intensity Interval Training
- KSA CrossFit
- Mind and Body Classes (Yoga, Pilates)
- KORE Kids
- The Water Bike – Also known as Aqua-cycling or Aqua Spin – this takes the typical spin class and submerges the fitness bikesi n a pool.
- Barre – A total body workout that uses the barre (the bar used in a ballet class). This exercise strengthens your feet and improves your stability and flexibility.
Membership Fees are not publicly displayed on their website. Call/email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Soon to open as we speak, at the heart of Tahlia St. It is located right above Paul’s Boulangerie. It is making buzz in social media and as seen on their website, it looks like they are targeting the young and funky workout junkies. Some of the packages are called, “Rock Bottom”, “Guns N’ Roses” and “Bulletproof” just to name a few. From the looks of it, they are also sounding to be mighty expensive! Though we might have to take a look first if it is indeed, well-deserved.
- GlowFit Ace: 1,800SR (1 month)
- GlowFit Jack: 4,500SR (3 months)
- GlowFit King: 7,500SR (6 months)
- GlowFit QUEEN: 11,000SR (12 months)
There you have it, RIYADHizens. Ponder your health and fitness standing right now and consider trying them out. At the end of the day, we are all meant to move, walk and run (then we can sleep). Happy workout!